Sunday, October 30, 2011

LET THIS END!!!!

My God!!!! I have been so stressed out this past week because I’ve had so much to do. This week was supposed to be a great week because it was homecoming week. Back in high school whenever a student hears the word homecoming it is automatically turned into a synonym of the word break. I'm used to just chilling during homecoming week and not doing anything but participating school activities and going to pep rallies, but that is another big difference from high school to college. I had a lot of thinking to do this week because I noticed that all of my classes were starting to pick on the work loads and test, so I needed more time to study and do work. Since quitting football was not an option, I came up with the idea of dropping the class that I felt that I could get back in next semester and I could easily pass. All my classes are core classes or classes that are mandatory for my major except for one, and that was my early North American History class. I’ve been doing well in that class the whole year, but I really needed a break. I talked to my professor and she understood exactly where I was coming from being a student athlete, trying to focus on school and my sport at the same time. She said that she thought I was getting a lot out of the class and I felt I was to but I just had make an opening for my other studies. After making the decision to drop that class I called my dad and talked to him about it and he told me to make sure that it was the best decision for me, and I really did. Last week was just a busy week for me because I had essays and homework due for all of my classes and I just felt like I couldn't do it, but I just thought about what my grandma would tell me when I felt like things were impossible, she would tell me to pray and ask God for his strength, because through him all things are possible and that what I did. After having the essays turned in I feel more of a college student because I actually did them and they were done very well because I stayed up doing them and I put my heart into them so I could get the best grade that I could possibly get.

No comments:

Post a Comment