Sunday, October 16, 2011

MID-SEMESTER "BREAK"

Two weeks ago I found out that in college there is this thing called mid- semester break. It is when the college gives you a few days off after you take your mid-terms or after the midpoint of a semester. After finding out that we had such a break I became very excited about the trip that I was going to be taking home because we didn’t have school. I became even more excited because I knew that, that would make two weeks in a row that I would be able to go home, because I went home last week. After yelling and running around campus screaming imp going home and calling home and telling my family that I will be home two weekends in a row my team mate quickly delivered some horrible news to me. He told me that I wouldn’t be able to go home because we had to stay at school during the few days that the rest of the school had off, because we had to stay because we had a football game that same weekend, so we would have to stay for practice. After hearing that my whole world came crashing down on me, I felt so sad and depressed. I felt like a kid that was promised a new action figure by his parents then not being able to get it. Needless to say I went home for the one week and enjoyed my family and friends, but wishing the whole time I was down that I could have had more time or could have come back the next weekend. The following week at school at had to listen to everybody keep talking about how they miss home and how they couldn’t wait to go home that Tuesday or Wednesday. It was like music to my ears hearing all of that (sarcasm). When the day came for everybody to leave I felt so bad because I knew my family really wanted to see me, but because football was in my way I couldn’t do that. I really became depressed when I noticed that the school became a deserted mini town with tumble weeds rolling around. There was nobody here but a hand full of students and the players that were playing on Saturday in the football game. I really like how they call it a mid-semester break because that almost explains what happened to me, I almost broke mentally. I just hope next year the break that the "other students" get don’t affect me as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment