Sunday, October 23, 2011

HOME


This week has been like no other week during this year. I have been faced with something that really tampered with me emotionally. I have been thinking about home a lot lately, because not only do I miss it but I miss my family and friends and all the good times that I used have in Houston. Two weeks ago my grandma was put in to a rehabilitation home in order for her to do rehab since she had got her toe removed a week or two prior to entering the rehabilitation home. She was doing pretty good at least that’s what I thought because I wasn’t getting any bad news about her I was only hearing that she was getting better. At the beginning of this week I was feeling pretty good because I had all my work turned in and everything just seemed to be going so perfect for me. When Wednesday came I was getting ready to cap off an awesome week, until my dad called me and told me that the rehab center had took my grandma to the hospital because they thought she had an infection in the foot that she had got the toe removed on. My heart had dropped when I got that news, but I knew she would be fine because it was only an infection. The next day before I was getting ready to go to my only class my dad sent me a text saying call me, I knew something was wrong because at that time my dad is usually hard at work, well when I called he told me that my grandma was in the hospital, and the doctors were giving up on here because they thought that the infection had spreader all over her body and at that point they couldn’t do anything about it. I had a mental break down after that I cried for nearly 3 hours straight because I thought I was losing the most important women in my life, my grandma. My dad called me later on that day and told me that the doctors did blood work on her and found that the infection was only in her foot so they would have to take away her foot, that was the best news I ever heard in my life. After having this situation happen I realized that is the bad part about going away for college is when your family needs you, you can’t really help right then and there because you are so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment