Sunday, November 13, 2011

Theres more to college than just a degree.

When most people think of college they think of their future and what they would be doing in the future. Most think about which career field they would like to study in and which field would they like to earn a degree in. As young and immature teen most of us think about all the fun that comes with college like the girls new friends and mostly the big college parties that can only be experienced once in a life time, but what most people don’t tell you about is all the bad things about college like the stress and the very tough work that you have to do in order to pass your classes. One thing that many people seemed to skip over that I am facing now and it’s not felling so good, are all the germs that comes when you are surrounded by a lot of different type of people in your dorm and in your classes, and that’s is all of the germs. I didn’t never really notice how many germs were around this college until I got sick for the fourth time this school year, this week. I am suffering from strep throat as I type this blog up right now. I played in the game this week end with what I thought was just a very bad case of the cold, I felt like I was going to die numerous times, but me being the guy that I am I kept telling the coaches and trainers that I was fine, but I knew deep down inside that something was really wrong with me. The last time I could remember being sick and in this much pain was back in the third grade when I had the flu. I hope with me being sick I don’t get my roommate or any of my dorm mates sick because that would really be horrible so before I let that happen I am carrying Lysol around with me and spraying everything I touch. I don't want anybody else to feel the way that I am feeling right now. As I sit here and think about it, it kind of a good thing that I got sick this weekend because it slowed me down and made me stay in my room this weekend while everybody else went out and partied and it game me time to realize that life isn’t all about partying, sometimes you need to take breaks and let your body catch up to your brain. This is another reason I think I’m sick is because I’m always on the run and I don’t give my body time to rest and this is making my body and immune system week which is making bacteria and viruses more bound to get to me so I think from now on out I will take a few days out of each month to just give to my body so that I can catch up on rest for the good of and the good of others around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment