Sunday, September 4, 2011

My New Life At TLU

On August 8, 2011, i started a new chapter in my life. The transition from Houston to Seguin has been overwhelming, but very very exciting. I came to TLU with one goal, and it was to be the best person i could be and achieve the unthinkable. By the unthinkable I meant survive on my own without my dad being there every day to hold me by my reins to guide me around.Since being here i have noticed that i have kind of been tucked in my shell, and i havent really opened up to people, but i think that's only because i have to get used to my new surroundings because im a very outspoken person back at home. On August 10th i started my first day of college football. Practice was very interesting because i was used to being around a totally different brand of guys. The guys that i was used to being around were more like me we shared common hobbies. I quickly noticed that most of use were gonna be different because we all game from differnt backgrounds and differnt parts of texas, and even a few were from different parts of the U.S.. My main goal for my first day of practice was to impress the coaches and show them that they didnt waste their time recruiting me. Within the first thirty minuets of practice i think i achieved that goal. Football has been great for me every since then even though my spot on the depth chart has been like a crazy rollercoaster ive just been doing everything that ive been asked to the best of my ability. After being around guys for two weeks egos were bumping and causing alot of heat because we were the only people at the school, but after those two weeks everybody's big break came, because the rest of TLU's students started to check in. Thatday changed my life because i was never so excited to see the presence of a women. My first few days of class were very crazy because i was running around campus trying to get things squared away with my scheadule. I was a three day Pre-Engineering Major, but that quickly changed and now im a Kines Major. I've met many new people from different walks of life and i believe they are gonna change my life forever. At the end of the day i tell myself the Texas Lutheran University is the perfect place for a big city guy like me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment